When you are dealing with lower back pain, the chronic aching seems to put a damper on everything you are doing in life. It doesn’t matter if you are at home or heading to the office, back pain makes it hard to get through the day.
Just because back pain is a common condition doesn’t mean that you must tolerate this issue.
Many patients have tried multiple treatments without success. It can feel disheartening to visit with different doctors and still continue experiencing ongoing problems.
If you are ready for lasting relief, then pain management is a great option to consider. Through integrative treatments, we get to the root of your pain issues and help you feel better.
Why Traditional Back Pain Treatments Don’t Work
One of the drawbacks to traditional medical treatments for low back pain is that many doctors are only focused on alleviating immediate discomfort. You can take medication to reduce the pain, but the results only last for a few hours.
When the pain is constant and severe, it often turns into a never-ending cycle of using medication. Eventually, you depend on prescriptions to get through the day. Unfortunately, certain pharmaceuticals (such as opioids) can result in addictions.
Other medical treatments might include surgery or invasive methods in an attempt to manage the pain. Sometimes, these treatments are effective for reducing pain. But it’s never guaranteed that you will feel better after the surgery is over.
If you are one of the many patients suffering from chronic lower back pain and you can’t find the answers you need, then it’s time for you to learn about our comprehensive pain management services.
Two-Part Holistic Approach for Pain Management
At Kentuckiana Pain Specialists, we provide personalized support to help you reclaim your life once again. Our treatment plans focus on two critical goals:
- Reduce Current Pain: You are in pain right now and desperate to find a solution that alleviates the issue. We offer immediate treatments to bring down the inflammation so you can experience relief as quickly as possible.
- Prevent Future Pain: Since we use an integrative approach, we always focus on solutions to help you avoid more pain in the future. Lifestyle changes and holistic treatments right now can help you enjoy a pain-free life in the future.
Talk to our staff to learn about available services for chronic lower back pain. We provide a hands-on approach to educate and support our patients in every aspect of their recovery.
Back Surgery vs. Pain Management Services
When lower back pain is unbearable, and other treatments aren’t working, then many orthopedic specialists recommend surgery as the final option to alleviate the pain. However, before you go under the knife, it’s wise to talk to other medical experts to learn about your options.
Whether you are experiencing continued pain after back surgery or you are trying to prevent surgery, pain management can help. Through this process, we address the root cause of your back pain using integrative treatments.
Pain management works with your lifestyle to help you achieve better function and movement. Many patients can avoid back surgery by using pain management treatments instead.
Full-Service Pain Management for Back Pain
Lower back pain happens because of spinal and musculoskeletal conditions. When pain management is used for these problems, the diagnosis and treatment serve a variety of purposes.
Here is an overview of how pain management can help with lower back pain:
- Diagnosis: We start by identifying the source and cause of your pain. An accurate diagnosis is essential in determining the ideal treatments that will work for your condition.
- Prevention: We focus on integrative treatments to prevent the need for invasive surgical procedures. By aggressively addressing the cause of your pain, we can help you experience relief without the need for surgery.
- Rehabilitation: If you are having pain after an accident or surgery, then rehabilitative support is available from our pain management clinic. We focus on treatments that speed up healing to assist with your recovery.
- Future: Our goal is to offer immediate relief and long-lasting solutions. When you are working with a pain management team, we support your healing to help you thrive in the years to come.
Our pain management treatments use a variety of techniques that address your pain. In addition, we are proactive about listening to your needs so you can return to full health once again.
Hope is Available: Low Back Pain Treatments
You might feel like low back pain is an inevitable part of your life. When you have been living with pain for years, it can be hard to imagine what life would be like without the ongoing effects of chronic back issues.
Our team at Kentuckiana Pain Specialists is here to tell you that there is hope for recovery. We offer full-service solutions that address the unique needs of each patient who walks through the door.
Through integrative treatments, we provide personalized support to get to the root of your pain.
If you have lower back pain and would like to schedule a pain management consultation, we invite you to call us at Kentuckiana Pain Specialists. Available services include acupuncture, IV nutrition therapy, spinal cord stimulation, radiofrequency ablation, intrathecal pain pump implants, and more.
We serve patients in Louisville, Kentucky, and all of the surrounding areas. You can learn more by calling our office at (502) 995-4004 or requesting an appointment on the website.