When you are living in pain, you likely feel desperate to find relief. It can be exhausting to move from one doctor to the next without finding the results that you desire. If general physicians aren’t helping to alleviate your symptoms, then it might be time to find a pain management specialist.
The good news is that our team at Kentuckiana Pain Specialists is here to help. If you are searching for pain management near me in Louisville, we invite you to schedule a consultation immediately.
You can search online for pain management services in the area, but you’ll find that quality providers are limited here in Louisville and the surrounding communities. We offer specialized care that you can’t find through other general practitioners, including holistic and alternative treatments that work.
How Pain Management Differs from Traditional Medical Services
Most often, prescriptions are the go-to recommendation when a patient is searching for pain relief. General physicians don’t have in-depth experience with pain management, so a prescription pain pill is an easy solution to help patients find relief.
The problem is that medication only has a temporary effect. After the dose wears off, you need to pop another pill. Eventually, the results of pain medication don’t seem as strong, so patients feel like they need to increase the dosage and frequency.
On the other hand, pain management services get to the root of the problem. We are proactive about finding the root cause of your pain, then applying specific treatments to help you find the relief you deserve.
General physicians work with many different health conditions throughout the day. On the other hand, pain management experts only focus on pain relief specifically. As a result, our team has unique treatments that you won’t find in other medical offices.
Most Primary Care Physicians Refer Patients to Specialists
If you have been working with a general physician and haven’t been able to find the relief that you desire, then it’s likely that you will be referred to talk to a specialist. A good primary care physician knows their limitations and when to send patients to specialists.
You can ask your primary care physician for a recommendation. Or search online for providers in the area. Our team at Kentuckiana Pain Specialists works with many different types of referrals. Another option is to reach out to us directly – there’s no need to get a referral from your primary care physician.
Why Pain Medications Aren’t a Long-Term Solution
Yes, prescription or over-the-counter medications can provide immediate relief. But it’s important to consider the long-term impact of using medication on an ongoing basis.
Many of these medications have side effects that can take a toll on the body. Additionally, pain medications can be addictive – especially opioids. Therefore, it’s best to avoid regular use of these medications to prevent dependence or addiction.
Also, keep in mind that medications are just covering up the symptoms. You might be able to feel a little better right away. But, these results only last as long as the medication is still active in your body.
Our pain management team understands that there are times when medication usage makes sense. But we don’t depend on medications alone for treatment. Instead, we offer a full range of pain management services to alleviate your symptoms and get to the root cause.
What To Expect: Pain Management Services in Louisville
What should you expect when you visit our pain management clinic in Louisville?
Rest assured, knowing that you are in good hands. Our doctors are all medical specialists who specialize in evaluating, diagnosing, and treating many different types of pain and chronic conditions.
Our team has the required medical school education, as well as additional fellowship and focused training for pain management specifically.
We start with a thorough diagnosis to determine the underlying cause of your pain. Then, this information is used to design a customized treatment plan to help you start feeling better. Our goal is to prioritize nonsurgical treatments to reduce or even eliminate your symptoms.
Are Pain Management Services Right for You?
How do you know if you should seek pain management services? Here are a few signs that you will benefit from a consultation and treatment plan with a pain management specialist:
- Living with Chronic Pain: You are living with constant and chronic pain and can’t seem to find relief. Pain management specialists can help patients living with chronic conditions with the goal of improving your overall quality of life.
- Other Treatments Aren’t Working: Often, patients turn to pain management as a last option. If you are like many other patients, you have tried many other types of medications and treatments. But you haven’t been able to find results that last.
- Recent Trauma or Injury: If you were recently in an accident or had surgery, pain management services can be helpful to facilitate your recovery. Pain management is recommended if the pain is difficult to diagnose, intractable, or long-lasting.
- Pain Is Affecting Your Daily Life: Do you find that the pain is so severe that it is limiting your daily activities? If your pain makes it hard to get through the workday or complete basic tasks around the house, you need to talk to a specialist for help.
- You Want to Stop Medications: One motivation for seeking pain management services is that patients want to stop taking medications – especially opioids. A pain management clinic offers alternative options to help you cope with the pain, especially while detoxing from the prescriptions.
- Avoiding Surgery and Invasive Treatments: Is the next recommendation for you to have surgery? There might be alternative treatments to consider before going under the knife. Consult with a pain management specialist to learn more about nonsurgical treatments.
If you think you might be a good candidate for pain management services, then it’s time to contact our office to schedule a consultation. We are happy to discuss your unique situation and help you find the relief that you deserve.
Local Pain Management Services in Louisville
Pain management specialists are experts: they bring the knowledge and treatments that can change your life. Even if it’s impossible to cure the pain, know that treatments can help alleviate symptoms and improve your overall quality of life.
We invite you to learn more about the possibilities and options available through pain management services.
To get started, call us at Kentuckiana Pain Specialists. Our comprehensive approach to pain management includes different alternative treatments that can alleviate chronic symptoms. Our pain management clinic is located in Louisville, Kentucky, and serve patients of all ages. You can learn more by contacting our office at your convenience: (502) 995-4004.