If back pain disrupts every area of your life, you must feel motivated to find a doctor who can finally help you find relief.
Too often, back pain patients talk to doctor after doctor with no results. They try different pain medications and medical treatments, only to experience subpar results and pain that returns once again.
Have you thought about visiting a pain management doctor for help? Instead of talking to your general practitioner once again, it’s time to see a specialist who can reduce your pain and help you recover your overall health and wellness.
Medical Care for Chronic Pain
People of all ages suffer from chronic pain, and chronic back pain is at the top of the list of reasons why people seek medical care. It’s estimated that approximately 80% of people in the United States will experience back pain at some point in their life.
You aren’t alone if you are living with back pain. The symptoms can range from a dull ache to shooting pain. Regardless of the type of pain you are experiencing, it can be hard to maintain a positive outlook throughout the day.
When chronic pain takes its toll, it can result in limited mobility, reduced daily activities, depression, and other issues that have a negative impact on your quality of life. The best thing you can do is seek quality medical care as soon as possible to stop the chronic pain before it gets worse.
Personalized Approach for Treating Chronic Back Pain
The truth is that there isn’t a one-size-fits-all approach for treating chronic back pain. Instead, many doctors simply prescribe pain medications. But these prescriptions only offer temporary relief – if they work at all.
One of the biggest drawbacks to conventional treatment for back pain is the medication dependence that can occur. For example, the use of opioid pain relievers can cause additive behaviors, introducing a new set of medical challenges for the patient.
Our team at Kentuckiana Pain Specialists is here to show you a different way to manage chronic pain. We offer a personalized approach for every patient. Our approach is to listen to your needs, evaluate your lifestyle, and design a treatment plan that will optimize your results.
Through this personalized approach, we use multi-faceted solutions to provide immediate pain relief and long-term solutions. In addition, we help you explore all pain management options, giving you access to a variety of alternative treatments that are proven to work.
Treatment Options for Chronic Back Pain
What are your treatment options when you come to us with back pain? Our pain specialists will help you design a pain management plan that might include one or more of the following treatments.
- Radiofrequency Ablation: We use an electric current that heats up a specific area of nerves near the spine during this treatment. The heat affects the nerves, so the pain signal stops, resulting in relief from chronic back pain. Many patients experience 6 – 12 months of pain relief, and others have longer-lasting results.
- Spinal Cord Stimulation: A small device can be implanted near the spine to help with pain management. This tool sends mild electrical impulses that disrupt pain messages moving through the nerves. As a result, spinal cord stimulation adjusts the nerve activity to reduce the sensation that reaches the brain.
- Injections: A nerve block is a process of injecting specialized medication into a specific area of the spine, with the goal of “turning off” the pain signals you are feeling. Not only does the injection help with immediate pain relief, but the anti-inflammatory medications can help allow the damaged nerve to heal.
- Intrathecal Pain Pump Implants: If ongoing mediation is necessary for pain management, then a pain pump can be an effective way to deliver the medication directly to the spinal cord. This device manages the amount and timing of medicine that is delivered.
- IV Nutrition Therapy: High nutrient IV therapy can be beneficial for reducing chronic inflammation, which helps reduce the pain you are experiencing. IV nutrition therapy is a great option to consider with your other back pain treatments.
Full-Service Pain Management: Diagnosis to Treatment
It’s important to note that pain management doctors offer unique services that aren’t available from general practitioners. We specialist in pain management, aiming to help you live your best life.
This process starts with an in-depth evaluation to understand the underlying causes of your back pain. When we identify the root cause of your chronic pain issues, then we are more successful in creating a treatment plan that works.
During the evaluation, we ask for information about your previous medical care and treatments. Additionally, we complete thorough diagnostics to locate any other details that could be contributing to your situation.
Finally, a personalized pain management plan is designed. The diagnosis guides our recommendations to help you address the underlying cause. If you are tired of trying treatments that just don’t work, then it’s time to talk to a pain management specialist.
At Kentuckiana Pain Specialists, we are just a phone call away. Contact us to discuss our comprehensive pain management, including a variety of alternative treatments that help you find a permanent solution. In addition, we offer a convenient location in Louisville, Kentucky. Call us at your convenience to schedule a consultation so you can learn more about your options: (502) 995-4004.